Thursday, November 15, 2012

Save-On - Tobacco & Beverage






My current favorite place in this world is Save-On - Tobacco & Beverage.  It was brought to my attention through a good friend a couple months ago.  Soon after that, they received a promotion to "Best Friend."  Save-On used to be a 7 Eleven, so it's not too shiny on the outside.  However, it is now the sweetest beer store I've ever been to.  It must have also been a Mentor Beverage at one time, because that is what shows up on Google Street View.  I apologize I was unable to get the refrigerated beer (which I was standing right in front of) in the picture. I was trying to be covert..

They have over 3,000 beers, the most chill women working there, a walk-in beer fridge, and the option to mix-and-match a six pack, all while remaining competitively priced.  They mostly carry domestic beer, but they have a decent selection of imports.  I wish I was there right now.  The only problem is I think there might just be one Save-On, and it's at 7411 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, Ohio, 44060.  So if you aren't around that area, you are probably out of luck. 

I stop by this store every once in a while to grab new stuff to review, and it seems every time I am there, they are inviting me to a beer tasting.  I'm not sure how often they hold these events, but it is just another unique selling proposition of this store.

I don't splash around in the kiddie pool of watered down beer.  I cannonball into the deep end of 3,000 quality beers at Save-On.  Check it out.

Always Thirsty,
-Thirsteve

No comments:

Post a Comment