Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumking - Southern Tier Brewing Company




ALL HAIL TO THE PUMPKIN KING

It's Fall, the season of Halloween and pumpkin flavored everything.
Aside from being one of Southern Tier's best beers (and all their beers are quality), Pumking most likely one of the best pumpkin beers on the market.  It tastes like spiced, cinnamon, pumpkin pie.  Simply delicious.  It would pair nicely with Thanksgiving dinner, or even stand alone as a dessert.  It is that good.

I was so excited to find it at my favorite beer store (Save-On) that I splurged and got the $3.99 Southern Tier Pumking glass.  It says Southern Tier on the other side so yes, I can use it year-round.

This imperial pumpkin ale doesn't mess around, having an 8.6% ABV and plenty to smell and taste.  Its rich, cloudy, dark orange color even looks delicious.  The only real downside is it's kind of pricey.  Well, coming from someone on a poor man's budget, it's kind of pricey.  I could only find the 22oz bottles which were $8.99 each, otherwise I would have easily grabbed a 6-pack of these.  It's well worth trying at least once while it's in season.

My only advice is when you finally buy this beer (and I know you will), do not share.  Christmas is the season of giving.  So trust me when I say you can wait a couple months to be generous.  I bought two of these 22oz bottles when I went, and gave one to my brother.  I drank the Pumking from this picture yesterday, and I can honestly say I have never wanted another pumpkin beer more in my life than right now.  But I don't have another one because I had to be Mr. Philanthropist two months early.

Try this beer; heed my warning; great minds drink alike.
Long Live The King.


Always Thirsty,
-Thirsteve

No comments:

Post a Comment