Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Festive Ale--Dundee Ales and Lagers


My roommate has been a long-standing Dundee fan and just brought home a 6-pack of the company's seasonal "Festive Ale." He has always talked about Dundee as being on his favorite breweries, and it was time that I took the plunge and decided for myself as to whether or not I should trust his judgement.

This Festive Ale type is essentially a winter-style beer with plenty of spicy taste, as can be expected from its reddish-brown hue. The beer would suit anyone with even a slight taste for darker style beers, even if they don't dabble in them often. If I had to compare the taste with readily available styles, I would put the Festive Ale between an Oktoberfest and a Belgian White. The spicy flavor is immediately felt, with the orange flavor hitting your taste buds shortly thereafter.

Festive Ale is available in November and December, most likely where other beer is sold.

Would I suggest it to others? Absolutely. Have I developed trust in the word of my roommate? I don't know yet. He says he is engaged, but watches HGTV on a regular basis. Suspect....

Signing off-

Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment