Thursday, October 4, 2012

Corona Light



This beer is controversial, at least to me. As a lover of craft beer, I am not supposed to like it. I am supposed to think it’s crappy, pee water, undrinkable garbage. But, I don’t think those things.

Why should I hate this beer:

It’s a light beer, which is, in general, frowned upon. I mean, a real man (or lady) who cares about their beer isn’t worried about calories right? Be a man! Drink something with flavor, not this beer that is bland, with no notable characteristics. Plus it’s mass produced and marketed from one of the big beer companies, not crafted in a special batch from some small town brewery with a creative name and label. Plus it’s relatively cheap, if a beer is going to be perceived as good, you better not be able to get a 12 pack for less than 15.99, and Corona Light is like 11.99.

Why I don’t hate this beer:

I don’t always want a beer that is going to bash me over the head with hops or be so sickly malty sweet that it takes me an hour to gulp down. Corona light is pretty refreshing when the weather is hot, and at 99 calories I can drink a few without feeling guilty. Which, let’s be honest, there is a reason that flabby sack hanging off the abdominal region is called a BEER belly. Plus, throw a lime in a Corona Light and you are basically getting a serving of fruit, right?

Well, the weather is cooling down, so I am going to be drinking Oktoberfest beers; but when next summer rolls around again and it’s 91 degrees you’ll be looking for a refreshment. What will you do?

Stay Classy,

-Captain Z

2 comments: